[comp.sys.ibm.pc] PibTerm v4.0; was Re: PD source for zmodem wanted

fulton@comet.dec.com (Cathy Fulton -- CXO Technical Training) (10/16/87)

...!genrad!mrst!sdti!wmm writes:

>Look for the 4.0 version of PibTerm; it's just now becoming available, and
>it supports Zmodem, along with about a dozen others.

I have very much been on the lookout in BBS's, newsgroups, etc. for PibTerm
v4.0 ever since I first heard about a month ago that it was going to be
released.  I have been an avid user of v3.2.5 for quite a while now and
am waiting anxiously for v4.0.

If anyone comes across v4.0, would you either post it to the net, e-mail it
to me, or point me to where I can DL it myself?  I'm looking both for source
and executable (I'm assuming source will be available for v4.0; it was for
v3.2.5.)

By the way, here is the message that initially informed me about v4.0:
(Note: I don't have access to the SIMTEL20 archives, so I can't DL from there.)

Date:     Sat, 29 Aug 87 05:09 CDT
From:     <PIB%NUACC.BITNET@wiscvm.wisc.edu>
Subject:  PibTerm

versions of PibTerm later than v3.2.5 (November 1985), I have
not released any versions since that time except locally
at Northwestern University.  I do plan to release v4.0 of
the program generally in about four weeks, as soon as I've
completed the release materials for local use at Northwestern

V4.0 of the program is much larger than v3.2.5, and so it's
not really suitable for transfer over the networks.  However,
I'm willing to send a copy of the release diskettes when they
are ready to the SIMTEL20 sysop; I need a mailing address
for that.

Incidentally, I will NOT be distributing diskettes myself
for this version of the program; that proved to be a huge
time-absorber and I can't possibly afford that kind of
expenditure in time (and money) again.

-- Phil "Pib" Burns
   PIB@NUACC.BITNET

P.S.  Please friends, no phone calls about PibTerm!  The
      receptionists here are ready to crucify me if any
      more off-campus calls about PibTerm arrive.  And, I can
      barely keep up with local on-campus questions about
      PibTerm.  I will be pleased to answer electronic mail
      which you can send to me at the BitNet address above.
      I answer all such mail within 24 hours unless I'm out
      of time or our mail hub is down.

Thanks in advance for any helpful replies.

- Cathy

    uucp: ...decwrl!comet.dec.com!fulton
Internet: fulton@comet.dec.com