[comp.sys.ibm.pc] NANSI

leech@unc.cs.unc.edu (Jonathan Leech) (10/17/87)

Expires:

In article <200@megatek.UUCP> hollen@mana.UUCP (Dion Hollenbeck) writes:
>In article <9278@ut-sally.UUCP> nather@ut-sally.UUCP (Ed Nather) writes:
>> [regarding FANSI]

    no, regarding NANSI.

>>Also, it isn't shareware -- Dan Kegel, the author, contributed it to the
>>public domain.
>Where can I get it if it is PD?  Can someone E-mail it to me?
>Thanks in advance.

    People on the Internet can get NANSI by anonymous FTP (any
password) to HAMLET.CALTECH.EDU (192.12.19.3). The NANSI-related
files are:

    NANSI.DOC
    NANSI.HEX
    NANSI.SYS
    NANSI_DEMO.CAT
    NANSI_DOC.CAT
    NANSI_SRC.CAT

    be cautioned that this is a VMS system, so you do NOT want to
transfer files in binary mode, with the possible exception of
NANSI.SYS. The FTP server is also mildly brain-damaged, so commands
like 'ls' may not work. I believe the sources work with Microsoft's
MASM. This version is dated February, 1986.

    Perhaps someone will make NANSI available through UUCP for those
not fortunate enough to have Internet access. Do not ask me to mail
copies, please.
--
    Jon Leech (leech@cs.unc.edu || ...mcnc!unc!leech)
    __@/