[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Multiple I/O Ports Card

mp@mtunf.ATT.COM (Mahendra Pratap) (10/20/87)

I am looking for a multi-port card to be used in a multi-user
configuration with UNIX/XENIX operating system and a 386 machine.
In particular, the following high level features are desirable in this
card:
1. XT/AT Bus
2. Intelligence on board (off load the main cpu)
3. 4 or 8 RS-232 ports with 9600 baud or faster data transfer rate
4. UNIX/XENIX driver
5. flexible memory and I/O port addressing
6. flexible interrupt selection
7. Down-loadable software capability

Does any one know what other features are
important in such a card and what should I expect to
pay for this?
If any one has information/experience on a
commercial product that may meet the above features, please send
e-mail to me directly at ihnp4!mtunf!mp or post to the net news.

wnp@killer.UUCP (Wolf Paul) (10/24/87)

In article <748@mtunf.ATT.COM> mp@mtunf.ATT.COM (Mahendra Pratap) writes:
>I am looking for a multi-port card to be used in a multi-user
>configuration with UNIX/XENIX operating system and a 386 machine.
>In particular, the following high level features are desirable in this
>card:

 (several lines deleted)

We are using the Computone ATvantage-X 4-port cards in four 10 MHz AT Clones
running Microport System V/AT.

As far as I know, this card meets all of the requirements you list.

I believe they have a driver for System V/386 as well. They are in the
Atlanta area, I don't have their exact address handy.
Send me E-mail if you can't find the address any other way.

Wolf N. Paul
ihnp4!killer!dcs!wnp