===============
From: hc!ames!scubed!sdcsvax!sdsu!polyslo!rmach (Roger Mach)

I use a 1.2 meg drive/controller pair on my XT clone.  I purchased them
from JDR Microdevices.  I don't have an address or phone number for them,
but they advertise in most computer magazines.

I know of one 1.2 meg drive that doesn't require a new controller.  Be
careful of this - the access speed is very slow.  To really get decent
performance I think you will need to get a new controller.
---------------
From: Bill_Krane%SFU.Mailnet@um.cc.umich.edu

Tall Tree Systems, 1120 San Antonio Rd., Palo Alto, CA 94303
makes a 1.2 mb controller for an XT called JDISKETTE. I haven't
used one, just saw it in some of their literature. However, their
JRAM memory board products are excellent. Hope this helps.
----------------
From: agnew@trwrc.UUCP (R.A. Agnew)

Nope! You don't have to get a new controller!
Weltec in Irvine makes a real nice 1.2M that just plugs in to your
existing controller for about $139. I use mine a lot.
-----------------------------
From: Dan Benderly <BENDERLY@cs.columbia.edu>
Subject: how to add a 1.2MB 5,25" floppy to IBM PC/XT

These disk can be bought from a place called "Priority One Electronics".  They
 had an advertising supplement to the annual BYTE "Inside IBM PC" Issue.  Their
phone # is --1-800-423-5922  Mon-Fri 7 am to 5 pm PT, Sat. 10 am to 5 pm PT.
The address is 21622 Plummer St., Chatsworth, CA 91311.The price they quote
is $169 for quantity one.  I hope this info is of help.  I know I've seen the
same elsewhere, but I can't remember where -- maybe in the back of INFOWORLD.

--
dan davison/theoretical biology/t-10 ms k710/los alamos national laboratory
los alamos, nm 875545/dd@lanl.gov (arpa)/dd@lanl.uucp(new)/..cmcl2!lanl!dd