[comp.sys.ibm.pc] T1000 RAM offer

csaron@opal.berkeley.edu (Aron Roberts) (10/25/87)

In article <3584@islenet.UUCP> jons@islenet.UUCP (Jonathan Spangler) writes:
>In article <173@lithium.kcl-cs.UUCP> andrew@lithium.UUCP (Andrew B Smith) writes:
>>In article <3887@ihlpg.ATT.COM> jchvr@ihlpg.ATT.COM (Hartong) writes:
>>There is also an expansion RAM board taking the main ram upto 640K and 640K
>>ram disk (LIM compatable). [...]
>
>One thing I might add about the T1000, is that it only has *one* 720K floppy
>drive, which can be a real bother if you are working with a large program
>like WordPerfect (I count the spelling checker as part of the program) or
>dBase. The expansion RAM to me would therefore become a necessity.

Toshiba has recently announced a promotional offer on the 768KB RAM expansion
board for the T1000.  From CompuServe's IBMHW (hardware) SIG:
----------
#: 90373 S6/Laptops (H)
    16-Oct-87  10:50:10
Sb: #T1000 768K promo
Fm: Keith Comer-Toshiba Tech 75266,1246
To: All
        I'm pleased to announce a sales promotion for the 768K RAM card
for the T1000.
        Along with all T1000's sold up  to Dec. 31, 1987, will be a
coupon which will allow you to order the 768K RAM card directly from
Toshiba for only $299.  This offer WILL BE retroactive.  Those of you
that have already purchased a T1000 will be able to get a photocopy of
the coupon from your dealer, or call 800-242-9009 or 800-423-4589 to
get one.
        The cards are scheduled to arrive for shipments in early
November. Notice that you CIS folks are on the cutting edge of
announcement technology, and your dealers will be hearing about this by
US Mail.  Since the cards won't be shipping for a few weeks, don't
panic if you can't get your hands on a coupon for a few days yet.
                                                        **** Keith
Disclaimer:  I have no connection with Toshiba, financial or otherwise,
             except as a reasonably satisfied T1000 user.
             I have not yet directly verified this announcement.

   Aron Roberts  Tolman Microcomputer Facility
                 1535 Tolman Hall, University of California
                 Berkeley, CA 94720  (415) 642-2251
                 csaron@opal.Berkeley.EDU  CSARON@UCBCMSA.BITNET