[comp.sys.ibm.pc] DOS function call info requested

ralf@B.GP.CS.CMU.EDU (Ralf Brown) (10/28/87)

About ten days ago, I posted a request for information on a number of DOS
function calls.  Since that time, I have heard nothing (nada, nichts, ...).
Doesn't anyone at least have a DOS 3.3 Tech Ref?

I am looking for information about the following INT 21h function calls:
	52h		-- partially known
	5Dh
	60h		-- error return values unknown
	64h	DOS 3.3
	65h	DOS 3.3 -- something about extended country info
	66h	DOS 3.3	-- something about code page tables
	68h	DOS 3.3 -- "commit file"

Reply ASAP to have the info included in the list.  I will be posting it on
November 1.
--
{harvard,uunet,ucbvax}!b.gp.cs.cmu.edu!ralf -=-=- AT&T: (412)268-3053 (school)
ARPA: RALF@B.GP.CS.CMU.EDU |4 line .sigs|"I do not fear computers.|DISCLAIMER?

Terry_L_Parker@cup.portal.com (10/30/87)

>I am looking for information about the following INT 21h function calls:
>        52h             -- partially known
>        5Dh
>        60h             -- error return values unknown
>        64h     DOS 3.3
>        65h     DOS 3.3 -- something about extended country info
>        66h     DOS 3.3 -- something about code page tables
>        68h     DOS 3.3 -- "commit file"
>
>Reply ASAP to have the info included in the list.  I will be posting it on
>November 1.
>--
>{harvard,uunet,ucbvax}!b.gp.cs.cmu.edu!ralf -=-=- AT&T: (412)268-3053 (school)

The following are from Programmer's Guid to the IBM PC, Peter Norton:
0x52 - not used
0x5d not used
0x60 - not used
The list stops at 0x62 (get PSP address).  Since Norton gets most of his info
from the Tech Ref manuals, the other functions are undoubtedly undefine,
and although they may actually "do something", they are not "official".

fmayhar@killer.UUCP (11/02/87)

In article <1173@cup.portal.com> Terry_L_Parker@cup.portal.com writes:
>0x60 - not used
>The list stops at 0x62 (get PSP address).  Since Norton gets most of his info
>from the Tech Ref manuals, the other functions are undoubtedly undefine,
>and although they may actually "do something", they are not "official".

Actually, I believe that Norton's is only current to DOS 3.2.  DOS 3.3 may use
higher function codes (although I don't know what they are, and am not likely to
find out, at $120/copy).
--
Frank Mayhar        UUCP: ..!{ihnp4,dj3b1}!killer!fmayhar
                    ARPA: Frank-Mayhar%ladc@BCO-MULTICS.ARPA