[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Need info on IBM GPIB

dave@viper.Lynx.MN.Org (David Messer) (11/07/87)

I have an IBM GPIB (IEEE-488) board for the IBM-PC for which I
would like to write a driver.  Unfortunatly, the only
information I have about the board is how to install it in the
PC.  There is no mention of how to program it.  I have the
hardware specs for the GPIB chip that is used on the board but
have no idea of how to get at it from the PC.  If anyone has
any information on this board, especially I/O addresses, I
would very much appreciate a reply.  Please reply via EMAIL.

Thanks in advance.
--
If you can't convince |   David Messer - (dave@Lynx.MN.Org)
them, confuse them.   |   Lynx Data Systems
                      |   amdahl  --!meccts!viper!dave
                      |   rutgers /

Copyright 1987 David Messer -- All Rights Reserved
This work may be freely copied.  Any restrictions on
redistribution of this work are prohibited.

mason@tc.fluke.COM (Nick Mason) (11/10/87)

In article <271@viper.Lynx.MN.Org> dave@viper.UUCP (David Messer) writes:
>I have an IBM GPIB (IEEE-488) board for the IBM-PC for which I
>would like to write a driver.  Unfortunatly, the only

The IBM GPIB card is really a National Instruments PC II card.

National makes an OK interface to the card that is accessable
from different langauges.  I would suggest contacting them.

If you want more info on PC GPIB just send mail.

Nick Mason/ms272G/John Fluke Mfg Co/Box C9090/Everett WA 98206 USA
   mason@tc.fluke.COM
UUCP:
   {{cornell,decvax,ihnp4,sdcsvax,tektronix,utcsrgv}!uw-beaver} \
{allegra,microsoft,gatech!sb1,hplabs!lbl-csam,decwrl!sun,sunup} - !fluke!mason
 {ssc-vax,hplsla,wavetek,physio,uw-vlsi,cae780,tikal,telematic} /
ARPA: fluke!mason@uw-beaver.ARPA
BITNET: "fluke!mason@uw-beaver.ARPA"@wiscvm.bitnet
"Avoid the Dull and Ignorant"