[comp.sys.ibm.pc] hard disk repair

shapiro@oucs.UUCP (11/12/87)

>Date: Tue, 10 Nov 87 12:52:47 EST
>From: turbo.RAY.COM!jim (Jim Shaw x8232)
>Apparently-To: rayssd!pdp.cs.OHIOU.EDU!shapiro>
>
>If you find a reasonable repairer I would be interested in
>their phone number. I too have a dead TM 262. Tandon quoted me
>$159 for a new logic board or ( I think $200 for repair) By the
>time you add on shipping etc both ways its not economic compared to
>buying a new drive , the way prices are going.

I have found the names of several companies that specialize in the repair of
hard disk drives. I am going to try the first of the list below. They
quoted a price of $125 but there was a coupon it Computer Shopper Magazine
that offered a 10% discount. The drive is on its way and I'll report on
how they do after it is returned.

The Names and Addresses are as follows:

jb Technologies
21011 Itasca, Unit #F
Chatsworth, Ca 91311

818-709-6400
818-341-2935 (FAX)
_________________________

Peripheral Repair Corp.
9233 Eton Ave.
Chatsworth, Ca  91311

818-700-8482
818-700-0533 (FAX)
_________________________

PC Repair, Inc.
3145 Gateway Dr. Suite J
Norcross, Ga  30071

404-263-6044
_________________________

Brockway Disk Technologies, Inc.
1144 Industry Dr.
Seattle, Wa  98188

206-575-8234
800-322-8234
_________________________

Compco
8016 Remmet Ave.
Canoga Park, Ca  91304

818-703-6036
_________________________

Advanced Microelectronics Corp.
?
Evansville, Indiana

812-422-4455

This is probably by no means a complete list of servicers but it is a
start.

IMPORTANT NOTE:  I have not done any business with these companies and
cannot atest to their reliability.

--
Brian Shapiro, Ohio University Computing  and  Learning Services
Haning Hall, Athens, Ohio 45701   (614) 593-1608