[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Inexpensive PC Supplies

hoctor@osiris.cso.uiuc.edu (10/20/87)

Does anyone have a good supplier of PC supplies (ie. printer stands
ribbons etc.) that does not charge an arm and a leg?
I am getting tired of paying $30 for a bent wire
printer stand and $15 for a plastic diskette box.

Any leads would be appreciated.

hoctor@osiris

dave@westmark.UUCP (Dave Levenson) (10/24/87)

In article <7700031@osiris.cso.uiuc.edu>, hoctor@osiris.cso.uiuc.edu writes:
> Does anyone have a good supplier of PC supplies (ie. printer stands
> ribbons etc.) that does not charge an arm and a leg?

Watch the magazines or the junk-mail for a nearby Computer Fair or
flea market.  You'll find the same stands and diskette boxes, but
the stands cost about $10 and diskette boxes (100-disk size) go for
around $7 or so, in the NYC area.
--
Dave Levenson
Westmark, Inc.		A node for news.

wjr@rayssd.RAY.COM (William J. Ramey) (11/12/87)

In article <7700031@osiris.cso.uiuc.edu>, hoctor@osiris.cso.uiuc.edu writes:

> Does anyone have a good supplier of PC supplies (ie. printer stands
> ribbons etc.) that does not charge an arm and a leg?
>
> hoctor@osiris

The best place I've found, has been in the Computer Shopper!!

Bill Ramey