[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Everex, PC Prime

harris@ecsvax.UUCP (Mark Harris) (11/14/87)

I'm looking for information on two cheap clones which on the surface
look pretty good:
  Everex
  PC Prime
I would appreciate hearing about experiences with either.

Thanks in advance.
--
     Mark Harris                            mail:harris@ecsvax(UUCP/BITNET)
     Department of Mathematical Sciences

anderson@vms.macc.wisc.edu (Jess Anderson) (11/14/87)

In article <4159@ecsvax.UUCP> harris@ecsvax.UUCP (Mark Harris) writes:
]
]I'm looking for information on two cheap clones which on the surface
]look pretty good:
]  Everex
]  PC Prime
]I would appreciate hearing about experiences with either.

I sold my Z-158 and bought an Everex 1800B (Club 286-10) with a
72MB Toshiba (25 ms) HD, EGA, 1MB on motherboard plus 2MB EEMS
memory, and I am *pleased*!  Club was easy to deal with, shipped
pronto COD via UPS (no $$ tied up) and all the stuff worked right
out of the box.  Goes like a banshee, mostly the fast HD, I'm sure.

==ARPA:========anderson@vms.macc.wisc.edu======Jess Anderson======
| UUCP:     {harvard,rutgers,akgua,ihnp4,      1210 W. Dayton    |
|   allegra,ucbvax}!uwvax!wircs3!anderson      Madison, WI 53706 |
==BITNET:===============anderson@wiscmacc======608/263-6988=======

richw@rosevax.Rosemount.COM (Rich Wagenknecht) (11/16/87)

In article <4159@ecsvax.UUCP>, harris@ecsvax.UUCP (Mark Harris) writes:

> I'm looking for information on two cheap clones which on the surface
> look pretty good:
>   Everex

Information about the Everex PC.

  1) Country of manufacture: (USA).

  2) Reliability: My father teaches at a school which buys alot of PCs.
     The school buys from many different manufacturers (IBM,Sperry,Epson etc.).
     Anyways, his school has purchased a couple of Everex ATs and says they
     are very reliable machines and are a good value. I have never owned one
     but am considering purchasing one. The salesman I talked with said that
     his company was very impressed with the reliability of the machine.
     (They also sell IBMs.) I personally thought the Everex was a good value.