[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Bentley286/10

bose@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (11/20/87)

Should I buy a Bentley-286/10? I would really be interested in comments
you may have on this computer.  I am also considering the AST/286...but
my budget seems to be leading me towards the Bentley.

-bhaskar

ray@madnix.UUCP (Ray P. Hill) (11/23/87)

In article <36300002@iuvax> bose@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu writes:
>Should I buy a Bentley-286/10? I would really be interested in comments
>you may have on this computer.  I am also considering the AST/286...but
>my budget seems to be leading me towards the Bentley.
>-bhaskar

I've been using a Bentley-286/10 now for 9 months now without any problems.
It works great with SCO Xenix (never actually run MS-DOS on it). For last
4 months its been running netnews also with no probems.

I purchased it with their hercules compatable display control, amber monitor,
I/O port card, and 70 M H/D. Everything worked perfect right out of the box.

I hassled their tech support before buying and they seemed responsive.

The only problem I've had with it is incorrect documentation. All the Bentley
docs said the machine was 6/8 MHz (not 6/10). And the I/O board docs didn't
match the I/O board in the slightest.
(hope I never have to change the switches :-)

						Ray Hill
						ray@madnix

--
UUCP: {harvard,rutgers,ucbvax}!uwvax!nicmad!madnix!ray
      		      {ihnp4,decvax}/