[comp.sys.ibm.pc] problem with 3.5" disks on dos 3.2

reza@accva1.UUCP (H. Reza Zarafshar) (11/04/87)

Folks,
	I have a problem with dos 3.2 on several different machines.
Please help me by responding via mail.

	The problem is: I have added a 3.5" drive to several machines
including an AST prem. 286 running dos 3.2.  I put in a 3.5" floppy disk
into the machine, execute dir and get the proper response.  I change the
diskette and execute dir and get the directory of the old diskette.

	I have heard this to be a DOS related problem.  Can anyone
help me with a solution.  Any software that I can write to solve
the problem?

	Please send me your replies via mail to:

	ihnp4!decuac!macom1!accva1!reza

wew@naucse.UUCP (Bill Wilson) (11/19/87)

In article <7@accva1.UUCP>, reza@accva1.UUCP (H. Reza Zarafshar) writes:
> 	I have a problem with dos 3.2 on several different machines.
> Please help me by responding via mail.
>
> 	The problem is: I have added a 3.5" drive to several machines
> including an AST prem. 286 running dos 3.2.  I put in a 3.5" floppy disk
> into the machine, execute dir and get the proper response.  I change the
> diskette and execute dir and get the directory of the old diskette.

Some of the 3.5" drives on the market (including Toshiba) do
not handle the AT style changeline facility that indicates
when the drive door was opened.  They only support drive ready
which is not enough for an AT.  I would contact the manufacturer
and talk to them.

Bill Wilson

lenoil@apple.UUCP (Robert Lenoil) (11/25/87)

In article <502@naucse.UUCP> wew@naucse.UUCP (Bill Wilson) writes:
>Some of the 3.5" drives on the market (including Toshiba) do
>not handle the AT style changeline facility that indicates
>when the drive door was opened.  They only support drive ready
>which is not enough for an AT.  I would contact the manufacturer
>and talk to them.

Just leave out the /C parameter to DRIVER.SYS; that tells the device
driver that the drive does not support the changeline feature.  (At least
that's what the documentation says.)