[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Graphics, EGA, & Turbo C

bobmon@iucs.UUCP (RAMontante [condition that I not be identified]) (11/24/87)

manes@dasys1.UUCP (Steve Manes) writes:
>wrp@krebs.acc.virginia.edu (Wm Pearson) writes:
>> MSC
>> does contain a graphics library.  Unfortunately the MSC graphics library
>> appears to not support the hercules graphics cards.
>>
>> 	I wonder what Turbo'C' 2.0 will look like.
>>

>I hope it supports EGA better than Turbo.  I have a fairly substantial

Last week I received a flyer from Borland; for those of you who haven't
gotten one yet (and who care...)

	Turbo C 1.5 upgrade

		190-page manual addendum & five new diskettes:
		graphics library w/ "over 70 functions"
		librarian (to build library files)
(quoting now...)
		43- and 50-line mode support
		Multiple fonts for text output in graphics mode
		CGA, EGA, VGA, Hercules and ATT 400 Support
		Text-mode video functions, including windows, colors, and
			high-performance screen output
		File Search utility (GREP)
		Sample graphics applications
		More than 100 new functions
		And many more features...

Nothing about improved code generation, though...(:-(

$33.50 w/ old serial number (or $15 if you bought after 10/1/87 (grrr))
Special offer: Runtime Library Source code for $150 and get the upgrade
for free (source for v1.5 only)  If you're really hot to trot, you can
order by calling (800)-543-7543.
	Disclaimer: no stake in this, I'm just a sort-of satisfied customer
wondering where he's gonna find 33 an' a half more bucks...(contributions
gratefully accepted :-) :-) :-)

wtm@neoucom.UUCP (11/30/87)

After just about wearing out my fingers on the rotary dial of my
office phone I finally got through to the 800 number at Borland
last Tuesday.  After coughing up my visa #, the lady said, "that'll
be $38.50".  "What", I said.  "190 page manual, you Know. Shipping."
"I'm not impressed", I say.  "You want to cancel".  "No, go ahead
and do it."  "Oh yes you know, that will *probably* be shipping
some time next month."  "Sigh..."  <<...click.>>

Can you say "January or February, I bet?"  Sure, I knew you could.

--Bill