[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Accessing Expansion Box HDU on 6300 PLUS running Simul-Task

james@druco.UUCP (12/03/87)

In article <26430F3U@PSUVM>, F3U@PSUVM.BITNET writes:
> Here's the scenerio:
>
> I have a 6300 PLUS with one floppy and an internal 20Mb Hard disk.
> The internal drive is partiioned as 5% DOS and 95% UNIX.  I just
> installed AT&T's Expansion Tape Drive/Hard Disk Unit.  Everything works
> (or seems to).  What I'm trying to do is to access the Expansion
> Box's Hard disk as an MS-DOS (it's 100% DOS) disk, but Simul-Task
> will not allow it.  The UNIX partition is C: (and D:), and the DOS
> partition of the internal drive is drive E:.  The Hotline
> says it can't be done.  Does anyone on the net know of a way
> to access this drive from DOS while running Simul-Task???
>

>                              Thanks in advance
>                              Frank

Simultask only can see what is on drive C: for dos (drive E: for
sumultask).  It's in the manuals!

-----------------
James B. Davis (Jim), UNIX(tm) Systems Programmer
User Interface Group
AT&T Information Systems Laboratories
11900 North Pecos Street, 31G44
Denver, Colorado  80234

303/538-1647, Cornet 374-1647
Computing and Telecommunications Tech. Dept., Dept. XMRB50000 (DRCC)
[ihnp4]!druco!james (or read the Email header!)

UNIX is a registered TM of AT&T, UTS is a registered TM of Amdahl Corp.
Everything else is a (TM) or (C) of whoever claims to own it.
NOTE: My opinions are my own and not of my employer(s).