[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Using com3 & com4 in an AT

marcus@illusion.UUCP (12/04/87)

I have an AT clone which is running Xenix 2.1.3.  It has com1 and com2
ports installed, but I could sure use one or two more ports.  The board
that I have allows the ports to be configured only as com1 or com2 and
I haven't seen anything for the AT specifically that allows serial ports
to be configured as com3 or com4.  If I were to install an internal modem
or serial board for a PC and configure it as com[34], would there be
any conflicts for addresses or interrupt vectors?  Perhaps there are no
interrupt vectors assigned to these ports?  Even if the Xenix
driver doesn't support it, I could hack up the current driver or write
my own so that is a setback but not an impossible problem.

Thanks..

Marcus Hall
..!{ihnp4,mcdchg}!illusion!marcus

simrin@mis.ucsf.edu.UUCP (12/07/87)

In article <166@illusion.UUCP> marcus@illusion.UUCP (Marcus Hall) writes:

>I have an AT clone which is running Xenix 2.1.3.  It has com1 and com2
>ports installed, but I could sure use one or two more ports.

DOS 3.3 supports com3 and com4.