[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Norton's SI

mdf@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu (Mark D. Freeman) (12/10/87)

In <774@ima.ISC.COM> johnl@ima.UUCP (John R. Levine) writes:
>In article <36300005@iuvax> bose@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu writes:
>>The Norton SI index for the PS/2 Model 30 is 1.9.  My PC XT has a SI index
>>of 1.8 with a V20 chip.  However the Model 30 seems to run faster.
>>Can anyone tell me what it is that I am observing?
>
>You're observing the oft noted fact that Norton's SI numbers don't mean much.

I hereby get on my knees and beg...

Please, please, when you quote an SI figure, tell us which version of
SI you are using.  Every one of them gives different numbers.  Norton
has been very good about improving the validity of the SI figures, but
it is impossible to compare systems with SI is everyone is using a
different version and doesn't know it.

--
Mark D. Freeman							(614) 262-3703
StrongPoint Systems, Inc.			    mdf@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu