[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Disk OrGanizer

gam3@well.UUCP (G. Allen Morris III) (12/09/87)

I am about to release Disk OrGanizer version 2.02 and would like some
feed back on likes and dislikes of version 1.01a.

burton@parcvax.Xerox.COM (Philip M. Burton) (12/10/87)

In article <4669@well.UUCP> gam3@well.UUCP (G. Allen Morris III) writes:

>I am about to release Disk OrGanizer version 2.02 and would like some
>feed back on likes and dislikes of version 1.01a.

I use DOG a lot and think it's great.  One mode that I would like to see
is a "directory-only" compression, moving all directories and contained
subdirectories to continguous sectors on the outer tracks.  (Speeds up directory
searches with large paths.)

Another change is a mode that would automatically pack all the files in a
directory,  without having the name them in an ORDER.DOG file. This
operation should be applicable to selected directories.

Another option would allow me to specify a directory size greater than the
default, for those situations where I know in advance that I will have lots of files.

This would avoid directory fragmentation.

--
Philip Burton       burton.osbunorth@parcvax.xerox.COM
Xerox Corp.         {backbone}!hplabs!parcvax!burton.osbunorth