[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Extension Tail?

ler@hpfclp.UUCP (12/05/87)

I run my PC pedestal-style (alongside my desk) and find the tail of my
Microsoft bus mouse to be about two feet too short for comfort.  (This is
an old style, pre-"soap-on-a-rope", mouse.  Cable length approx. 5 ft)

Anyone know where to find an extension tail?

Larry Rupp
ler@hpfcla

rps@homxc.UUCP (R.SHARPLES) (12/08/87)

In article <6640008@hpfclp.HP.COM>, ler@hpfclp.HP.COM (Larry Rupp) writes:
> I run my PC pedestal-style (alongside my desk) and find the tail of my
> Microsoft bus mouse to be about two feet too short for comfort.  (This is
> an old style, pre-"soap-on-a-rope", mouse.  Cable length approx. 5 ft)
>
> Anyone know where to find an extension tail?
>
> Larry Rupp
> ler@hpfcla

I believe that the MS mouse uses a DB-9 connector (9 pins, asymetrically
shaped plug).  If so, a Radio Shack Joystick extension cable would do
the job just fine.  It can be found at any RS store for less than $10.

Russ Sharples
homxc!rps

NOTE:

The above in NO WAY reflects the opinions of AT&T.
These opinions are my own and the results of un-scientific and
highly irregular analysis methods.

del@Data-IO.COM (Erik Lindberg) (12/11/87)

In article <6640008@hpfclp.HP.COM> ler@hpfclp.HP.COM (Larry Rupp) writes:
>I run my PC pedestal-style (alongside my desk) and find the tail of my
>Microsoft bus mouse to be about two feet too short for comfort.  (This is
>an old style, pre-"soap-on-a-rope", mouse.  Cable length approx. 5 ft)
>
>Anyone know where to find an extension tail?

Assuming "pre-soap-on-a-rope" means the old mouse with the DB9 connector on
it, I used a "joy stick extension cable" from Radio Shack when I wanted to
do exactly this a couple of years ago. Costs about 5 bucks.

--
del (Erik Lindberg)
uw-beaver!tikal!pilchuck!del