[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Nec P6 driver for IBM-PC

groedr@econ.vu.nl (groedr@econ.vu.nl) (12/04/87)

I recently bought a NEC- P2200 printer (NEC-P6 compatible).
but most programs don't have a NEC driver or (EPSON LQ).

So they print their graphics in 8 pin mode instead of 24.
This means the NEC printer uses pin 3,6,9,12 etc.

Who has the solution for this problem.

I have tried to write a all purpose driver (filter)
but it didn't work very well.

If you have got such a driver or can give some hints,
(I know how to program in 'C')
please respond via email or this board.

Anton Bakkum
VU-Economie ,Amsterdam

dab@whuts.UUCP (Batman) (12/15/87)

In article <197@vuecon.econ.vu.nl>, groedr@econ.vu.nl (groedr@econ.vu.nl) writes:
> I recently bought a NEC- P2200 printer (NEC-P6 compatible).
> but most programs don't have a NEC driver or (EPSON LQ).

I just got the P2200 myself, very nice printer.

In the manual it lists the following compatibilities :
P2200, P9XL, P5XL, P7/6, EPSON LQ-2500, LQ-800/1000, LQ1500, FX, MX

Now I don't know about you but almost every piece of software I have
that supports a printer has ONE of these (especially the Epson FX and
LQ series)  for example: Lotus, Sideways, GEM, MS Windows, Paint,

It even prints NLQ mode on Shift-PrtScr!

Look carefully, I think you'll be surprised.

--
                 	Cogito Ergo Zoom
			Chaste makes waste