Date: Wednesday, December 16, 1987 - 1:13 PM
From: DICK RHINDRESS
To: ALL
Subject: PS/2 Mod 60 disk controllers

My NYS agency insists that we buy only IBM equipment --- given! no
discussion! It seems that the way this stuff is designed that there can
be only two removable disk devices connected.  Either you use a second
3.5" disk in the box, or you can buy an external 5.25" which connects to
a controller card (full length, with only 3 chips on it) which then
connects to the spot where the 2nd 3.5 drive should be.

I have an application where it really would be useful to have a third
floppy device.  Is anyone aware of a third party piece of hardware that
will allow it? In one situation it would be useful to have a second 3.5"
and plus an external 5.25", in the other two external 5.25"s would be
very useful.  Is there any hope? I have my needs straight, but I'm not
sure of my facts on the Mod60s, are my assumptions correct? Thanks //
//Dick

--
	bill davidsen		(wedu@ge-crd.arpa)