[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Anyone speak French?

rbourass@udenva.cair.du.edu (Mr. Photography) (12/22/87)

	Anybody in Canada (or the states) have software for PC in
French?  I am looking for language tutoring and general games and
such in French.  The more actual French language in the program
the better.  If anyone has anything like this in the the public
domain genre, please give me information on how to obtain it from
you.  For any commercial products, please send information on where
to obtain the programs....

				thanks for the help!!!!

				Rich

ccs016@deneb.ucdavis.edu (Patrick Tully pstully@ucdavis) (12/23/87)

In article <9634@udenva.cair.du.edu> rbourass@udenva.cair.du.edu (Mr. Photography) writes:

>	Anybody in Canada (or the states) have software for PC in
>French?

  Speaking of other languages on the PC. Someone recently asked me to find
out if they can word process in FRENCH,SPANISH,and GERMAN on the PC. I looked
up the keyboard programs in dos 3.2 and they work very well. These programs turn
your keyboard to the format of that language. For example, in German the
'y' key is replaced by the 'z' key. These programs allow you to get the
special characters of that language on the screen.

  However, I'm having a problem printing them out. My printer is a MSP-20 by
Citizen, and is a very good printer, but it does not print some of the special
characters. (upside down question mark).

   I realize this is my printer, but can anyone recommend a DMP or DWP printer
that can do all these. Or would you replace the print wheel on a Daisy Wheel
inorder to get the correct print out?

Thanks,
  Patrick Tully
  pstully@ucdavis  BITNET