[comp.sys.ibm.pc] An ACK to TIM POZAR'S posting on the net

dipto@umbc3.UMD.EDU (Dipto Chakravarty) (12/26/87)

I COULD NOT GET THIS @%$$#@% ARTICLE TO GET E-MAILED. HENCEFORTH, I AM
POSTING IT ON THE NET. HOPEFULLY MR. POZAR WILL GET TO READ IT ONE WAY
OR THE OTHER. MERRY CHRISTMAS!
                                                                 DIPTO

-----------
In article <3732@hoptoad.uucp> you write:
>In  <622@umbc3.UMD.EDU> dipto@umbc3.UMD.EDU (Dipto Chakravarty) writes:
>>
>>I forgot to mention before; please send me e-mail if possible. I don't
>>read my net news daily. Thanks again
>
>    NOW he tells me....

>| ...sun!hoptoad!\                                     Tim Pozar      |
>|                 >fidogate!pozar               Fido:  1:125/406      |
>|  ...lll-winken!/                            PaBell:  (415) 788-3904 |
>|         USNail:  KKSF  77 Maiden Lane  San Francisco CA 94108       |

Dear Tim,
           Your posting on the net about the serial communications driver
was most educational + interesting. This subsequent humorous note seemed
pretty good too. You must be quite a character!

Well, getting down to the serious talks. You said that your code needs alot
of refinement. The documented code points them out very well. Did you ever
use this program for anything; if so then for what?

If you don't mind then I plan to contact you for advice/assistance with my
research project (a multi-station interrupt driven LAN). It seems like you
are a veteran at this game of asynchronous serial communications.

Thanks for the posting. I will have to spend quite a bit time before getting
an essence of what that heavy duty assembly language code is doing!

Best regards.
--
BITNET : dipto@umbc2	      ------\
ARPANET: dipto@umbc3.UMD.EDU  -------> In-real-life: Dipto Chakravarty