[comp.sys.ibm.pc] repost new UUDECODE/ENCODE version

david@squid.UUCP (12/31/87)

From squid!david Wed Dec 30 19:10 CDT 1987 remote from occrsh
Subject: re: repost new UUDECODE/ENCODE version 2.8

>I received several comments which essentially were: "Since you UUENCODED
>this stuff, and I do not have UUDECODE (which is why I want your stuff)
>how can I get it?"  Well the only way to send it over the News Net is
>UUENCODED.  If SIMTEL20 picks this up, then you can get it via FTP or
>UUCP both of which work for binary files.  So if you send me a $5, I'll
>send you a diskette with UUENCODE, UUDECODE and PKARC.  PKARC is shareware
>that works with archived files, you gotta delete PKARC or pay for it, my
>stuff is free.
>
>Richard Marks

Bullsh*t. The only people who can use it, already have it. SIMTEL20 (which
may well not enshrine your contribution to hacksmanship) no longer accepts
uucp file requests, and hasn't for quite a while. What do you send, for $5?
A copy of PKXARC in an ARC file and another request for $5?

And no, users of PKXARC do not have to "delete it or pay for it". The
author requests a contribution. That's all. No threats, warnings, and your
disk won't crash after you run it 150 times.

Does anyone out there in netland have SOURCE CODE to this new standard? If
it was posted here recently, I missed it; I was offline for a long time,
only got things up and running again 2 weeks ago.

David Drexler  aka
 uucp:       {ihnp4,cbosgd,moss,uokmax}!occrsh!squid!david
 fidonet:    147/1  -or-  19/1
 sneakernet: POB 1214, Bethany OK 73008
 MaBellNet:  [405] 848-8868 (voice)
             [405] 728-2463 (data - bbs)
 (one of those ought to work at least 50 percent of the time)