[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Returned mail with comp.binaries.ib

raj@spl1.UUCP (Robert Alan Johnson) (12/31/87)

In article <34000001@silver> creps@silver.bacs.indiana.edu writes:
>   I did my best trying to figure out whether this is the right newsgroup
>to post this, so no flames if it's not.
>   Every time I post something to comp.binaries.ibm.pc, it seems to be
>getting posted OK (other sites report receiving it), but a few days later
>I get a mail message telling me "returned mail." This message includes
>the file I posted. It may have something to do with the moderation change
>in the group, but I can't be sure.

The problem here is that your system is probably sending a copy to the
"moderator" as picked up  from your "moderators" file, and it is being
mailed to the wrong place.  The new moderator of comp.binaries.ibm.pc
is Harry Skelton at email address

	...{ihnp4,ddsw1,ll1!ll1a}!spl1!bear or
	                          bear@spl1

spl1 is on the latest  u.usa.il.1 map.

You should update your moderators file to reflect this new address.

billw@killer.UUCP (Bill Wisner) (01/02/88)

So, someone finally gets around to telling us that there's a new moderator --
and the system administrator at that? Grump, grump. Some administrative types
don't read comp.binaries.ibm.pc, people..
--
Bill Wisner / {cbosgd,codas,ihnp4}!killer!billw / billw@oberon.LCS.MIT.EDU
If all the world's a stage, I want to operate the trap door.