[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Getting an MS-DOS computer onto the

ninja@bradley.UUCP (12/30/87)

You might want to look at buying (*GASP*) UULINK from Vortex Technology
in CA.  It provides UUCP/Mail/Netnews for MS DOS machines.  Some people
here at Bradley use it to receive email on PC's when travelling around
the country.  From what I understand, they love it.  Our single copy
price was around $335; it's probably well worth the cost.

	Vortex Technology
	P.O. Box 1323
	Topanga, CA.  90290-1323
	(213) 390 - 3920

Frank McGee
Bradley University
Peoria, Illinois  61625

david@squid.UUCP (01/03/88)

From squid!david Thu Dec 31 15:33 CDT 1987 remote from occrsh
Subject: Re: Getting an MS-DOS computer onto the

>You might want to look at buying (*GASP*) UULINK from Vortex Technology
>in CA.  It provides UUCP/Mail/Netnews for MS DOS machines.  Some people
>here at Bradley use it to receive email on PC's when travelling around
>the country.  From what I understand, they love it.  Our single copy
>price was around $335; it's probably well worth the cost.

No doubt it was worth it then, but probably not any more. There are three
pd packages out there now that I know of, possibly more:

(1) DCP - contact Peter Fales (moderator of the now-defunct DCP developers'
mailing list) at ihnp4!ihlpe!psfales for info.

(2) ufgate - contact Tim Pozar at {sun,killer,chinet,dasys1}!hoptoad!pozar

(3) uupc - contact the uupc developement group at uupc@van-bc.UUCP

David Drexler  aka
 uucp:       {ihnp4,cbosgd,moss,uokmax}!occrsh!squid!david
 fidonet:    147/1  -or-  19/1
 sneakernet: POB 1214, Bethany OK 73008
 MaBellNet:  [405] 848-8868 (voice)
             [405] 728-2463 (data - bbs)
 (one of those ought to work at least 50 percent of the time)