[comp.sys.ibm.pc] HELP! I hate underscore cursor!!

rcj@clyde.UUCP (11/13/87)

Is there any way at all to change the cursor from an underscore to
a block cursor or *something* else?  I have a Toshiba T1000 laptop
with an LCD screen that is not backlit.  I can see all the characters
just fine, but in a screen editor trying to find the cursor is a major
chore!

Any and all help muchly appreciated,

The MAD Programmer -- 201-386-6409 (Cornet 232)
			      ^^^^ new extension
alias: Curtis Jackson	...![ ihnp4 ulysses cbosgd allegra ]!moss!rcj
			...![ ihnp4 cbosgd akgua watmath  ]!clyde!rcj

guest@vu-vlsi.UUCP (visitors) (11/16/87)

In article <16589@clyde.ATT.COM> rcj@moss.UUCP (Curtis Jackson) writes:
>Is there any way at all to change the cursor from an underscore to
>a block cursor or *something* else?
>[...]

I just finished looking at the November 24 issue of PC Magazine, and there is
a utility called "STICK.COM" which is a sort of cursor utility.  I guess you
can download it from the PC Magazine IRS service they have. (212)696-0360
or (415)598-9100

| Mark Schaffer        | BITNET: 164485913@vuvaxcom                          |
| Villanova University | UUCP:   ...{ihnp4!psuvax1,burdvax,cbmvax,pyrnj,bpa} |
| (Go Wildcats!)       |           !vu-vlsi!excalibur!164485913              |

  please respond/reply to the above addresses and not to guest@vu-vlsi.UUCP

Usenet_area_"Cs.I.Pc"@watmath.waterloo.edu (01/06/88)

From Usenet: rutgers!psuvax1!vu-vlsi!guest
From: guest@vu-vlsi.UUCP (visitors)
Subject: Re: HELP!  I hate underscore cursor!!
Date: 15 Nov 87 21:12:56 GMT

=
| Mark Schaffer        | BITNET: 164485913@vuvaxcom
|
| Villanova University | UUCP:   ...{ihnp4!psuvax1,burdvax,cbmvax,pyrnj,bpa}
|
| (Go Wildcats!)       |           !vu-vlsi!excalibur!164485913

=

  please respond/reply to the above addresses and not to guest@vu-vlsi.UUCP

--- via UGate v1.6
 * Origin: watmath (221/163)