[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Incolor card color graphics routines?

davidg@sting.Berkeley.EDU (David Gaertner) (01/06/88)

I was wondering if anybody has written any routines that implement color on Hercules'
Incolor Card.  Nobody seems to support the card at the moment.  Not even Hercules has
written software that takes advantage of the incolor card!  They say they might
have something in a couple of months....

So if you feel generous, please send me your Incolor routines.

Thanks,
David Gaertner
davidg@janus.Berkeley.EDU  ||  ...ucbvax!janus!davidg

sam@ncsuvx.ncsu.edu (Samuel P. Moore) (01/06/88)

In article <75@pasteur.Berkeley.Edu> davidg@sting.Berkeley.EDU (David Gaertner) writes:
>I was wondering if anybody has written any routines that implement color on Hercules'
>Incolor Card.  Nobody seems to support the card at the moment.  Not even Hercules has
>written software that takes advantage of the incolor card!  They say they might
>have something in a couple of months....
>
>So if you feel generous, please send me your Incolor routines.
>
>Thanks,
>David Gaertner
>davidg@janus.Berkeley.EDU  ||  ...ucbvax!janus!davidg

I don't have an code, but there are source listings for routines in
_Programmer's Guide To PC & PS/2_ by Richard Wilton. I have not read it yet, but
he covers mainy topics with source examples for CGA, EGA, VGA, HGC & HGC+, and
InColor Card.

He does say that it is compatible with the HGC and HGC+. It has the same
resolution (720 x 348) and it displays 16 colors at a time out of a pallette
of 64. Also, he says that it must be used with an EGA compatible monitor.

BTW, book buyers can get a diskette of the example code for $21.95. That seems
like a lot to me. If they packaged the diskette with the book you wouldn't
think that it would cost that much.

Can you forward the code you get?

Sam Moore
sam@ncsuvx.ncsu.edu