[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Need Voice Recog. Brd. Info.

cms@yendor.UUCP (Chris Sunderland) (12/30/87)

I am in the market for a decent inexpensive voice recognition board.
Has anyone had any experience with Voice Command by Interpath,
VocaLink SRC-LC by Interstate Voice Products or IntroVoice VI by the
Voice Connection?

I would like to keep the price under $600.00.  Anyone have any suggestions?
--
Chris @ Applied Computing Technology - Reston, Virginia
	cms%yendor%hqda-a1@mimsy.umd.edu   ..!sundc!hqda-ai!yendor!cms

Standard company disclaimer.."wish we could help you, he was fired this morning"
     If it comes down to it, I will deny any knowledge of this system. :-)

rct@occrsh.ATT.COM (01/06/88)

/* Written  6:48 pm  Jan  4, 1988 by tj@utgpu.UUCP in occrsh.ATT.COM:comp.s.ibm.pc */

I want to set up a pc to monitor a phone line, answer on ring, respond in
voice, and recognize callers input from touchtone tones.

any leads?
thks
tj@utgpu.uucp
tj at utoronto.bitnet
/* End of text from occrsh.ATT.COM:comp.s.ibm.pc */

There might be a later model available, but you should check out the
CallText 5050 from the folks at Speech Plus.  At the time, I think that
it came in two versions: one was an accessory card that plugged into
your favorite IBM XT compatible, and the other was an external box with
a power supply that one communicated with over a serial line.  We went
with the external version because of the obvious advantage of flexibility
in deciding what computer to hook it up to, i.e., not necessarily a PC.
The price of the external box was in the neighborhood of $2000 (US).

Unfortunately, I'm at home and don't have the manuals with me.  Drop
me a line if you want more details.

--Bob Tracy	AT&T Network & Data Systems	Oklahoma City
{most AT&T sites}!occrsh!rct
rct@occrsh.att.com

eli@lf-server-2.BBN.COM (Steve Elias) (01/07/88)

In article <141900009@occrsh.ATT.COM> rct@occrsh.ATT.COM writes:

>/* Written  6:48 pm  Jan  4, 1988 by tj@utgpu.UUCP in occrsh.ATT.COM:comp.s.ibm.pc */
>
>I want to set up a pc to monitor a phone line, answer on ring, respond in
>voice, and recognize callers input from touchtone tones.

	hi tj & rct.  what you are asking for is not voice recognition
	equipment.  voice recognition is an entirely different ballgame
	from what you describe.  it takes big time cpu power, though
	there are fast PC applications that make a decent attempt at
	voice recognition -- a system with a vocabulary of over 20 or
	so words needs to be trained to understand each speaker.
	there are systems that can understand anyone speaking the 10
	digits or yes/no, without training.

	what you need is voice digitization & playback, an
	touchtone (tm, att!) recognition.

	check out brooktrout technology's products or
	perhaps the watson board.  a single board from each company
	is way under $1000.  brooktrout's product can be multitasked --
	up to 6 phone lines in an AT, 4 in an XT.  watson can run a
	single board in a PC.

	watson is from natural microsystems, in natick, massachusetts.
	brooktrout technology is in wellesley hills, mass.