[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Parallel/Serial port I/O boards for PC-AT

Usenet_area_"Cs.I.Pc"@watmath.waterloo.edu (01/07/88)

From Usenet: ucbvax!hplabs!sdcrdcf!markb
From: markb@sdcrdcf.UUCP (Mark Biggar)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc
Subject: Parallel/Serial port I/O boards for PC-AT
Date: 7 Jan 88 21:30:09 GMT

I have an IBM PC-AT clone (made in Taiwan). It has an I/O board with a
parallel and a serial port. I have just bought a multi-function board with
another parallel and serial port. When I plug in the new board, neither it
not the old one work any more. I am sure the problem is the DIP switch
settings on the I/O board, but I have no documentation on what they are.
The board is made by AMI and is made in USA.

What I need to know is the DIP switch settings for an AMI parallel/serial
I/O board for the PC-AT.

Please reply via Email as I do not normally read this news group.

Jim McPherson
(Using Mark Biggar's account)

--- via UGate v1.6
 * Origin: watmath (221/163)