From Usenet: codas!mtune!whuts!dab
From: dab@whuts.UUCP (Batman)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc
Subject: Joystick Calibration (?)
Date: 7 Jan 88 14:30:27 GMT

I just got a joystick for my ATT 6300.  It seems to work fine, but I would
like to get an idea of how it performs.

What I am looking for is a simple program that helps calibrate the joystick
and it's settings.  I would imagine that all it does is put a pointer of
sorts on the screen and helps to show what happens when you move and
how it moves.

Also, when you move to a corner, and let it go, should the pointer snap
back to the middle of the screen, or dos it just stay there?  I'm kinda
interested in it's action so I can better understand it.

Thanks in advance.

--
                 	Cogito Ergo Zoom
			Chaste makes waste

--- via UGate v1.6
 * Origin: watmath (221/163)

Usenet_area_"Cs.I.Pc"@watmath.waterloo.edu (01/08/88)

From Usenet: watmath!clyde!rjs
From: rjs@moss.ATT.COM
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc
Subject: Re: Joystick Calibration (?)
Date: 9 Jan 88 03:59:20 GMT
Sender: nuucp@clyde.ATT.COM

Here is a basic program that came with the instructions for my joystick.
It prints out values corresponding to the position of the joystick.  They
recommend adjusting the pots so that you get a reading between 50 and 95
for each direction when the joystick is centered (straight up and down).

	10 WIDTH 40: CLS
	20 LOCATE 10, 15: PRINT"X="; STICK(0)
	30 LOCATE 10, 25: PRINT"Y="; STICK(1)
	40 GOTO 20