(201) 691-7088
     or
  picuxa!ssb

todd@net1.ucsd.edu (Todd Goodman) (01/13/88)

In article <442@picuxa.UUCP> ssb@picuxa.UUCP (Scott Strool 3D2 X1069) writes:
>Microsoft C 5.0 Optimizing Compiler
>Microsoft QuickC 1.0
>
>Brand New completely unopened
Hmm.  Do you actually have this product right now or are you planning on
sending in your $75 dollar update slip if someone is willing to pay the
right price?
>9 disks
>4 manuals
>
>$200 or B.O
Oh boy.  At least the best offer is in there.  Hmm... Let's see... You pay
$75 dollars and I pay $200 sounds fair to me.  Wait... Do you include
shipping?

>Must sell by end of month (jan)
Oh yeah, offer ends January 31, 1988.

>(201) 691-7088
>     or
>  picuxa!ssb

Well I hate to pick nits about some things, but this seems a trifle out-
rageous to me.  I don't want to start any wars about whether selling the
update and keeping the original product is legal (I know, so why did I
bring it up?), but I would feel like shit if I got ripped off on something
like this.  It's still $69 less than Programmer's Connection price, but if
I'm going to spend that much money, I'll pay a little more, become a
registered user, and get the thing in a couple days.  With the time it took
Microsoft to ship my update they'll probably have MSC 7.0 running on an
Intel 486 before anyone gets this update.

Simply put, be aware of what you're getting and the going price.

				Todd Goodman

DISCLAIMER: I have no connection with Programmer's Connection or Microsoft
	other than as an extremely satisfied customer, and fairly satisfied
	customer, respectively.  My views are figments of some deep, dark,
	and dank imagination and no matter what you say I won't be allowed
	to change them.

	Oh yeah.  Flames cheerfully returned.

ssb@picuxa.UUCP (Scott Strool 3D2 X1069) (01/13/88)

> 				Todd Goodman
>
> 	Oh yeah.  Flames cheerfully returned.

	Sounds like a good idea, but I really do have a copy to sell, its
	really none of your business why I am selling it and the price is
	good. Do you actually think that I would perform such a criminal
	act like sell software that I do not have or own. I am doing this
	out of loyalty to other programmers, not to rip anybody. If you are
	interested in the compiler don't bother calling. I would not sell
	it to someone who would accuse me of being a crook.

	For the rest of you, I have two copies, One I bought and the other
	one was upgraded from someone whom I work with. Since I use it at
	work, I did not need he second copy. If you want Microsoft C
	then this would be a good time to get it. The price is right, you
	we be doing me a favor, and its no ripoff. Oh and I will ship it
	to you UPS.

	Scott Strool