[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Articles from FIDO

jpn@teddy.UUCP (John P. Nelson) (01/11/88)

Hey, whoever implemented the FIDO gateway:  there is a feedback loop!
Articles that we recieve normally are getting duplicated from FIDO!
For example, One from "221.162.fido!Usenet_area_"Cs.I.Pc@watmath.waterloo.edu"
starts out with what look like USENET headers, the first one being
"From Usenet: mcvax!enea!pvab!robert".

Please fix this immediately!

farren@gethen.UUCP (Michael J. Farren) (01/14/88)

In article <4564@teddy.UUCP> jpn@teddy.UUCP (John P. Nelson) writes:
>Hey, whoever implemented the FIDO gateway:  there is a feedback loop!
>Articles that we recieve normally are getting duplicated from FIDO!

Yeah.  I know they call it 'Echomail', but this is ridiculous!

--
Michael J. Farren             | "INVESTIGATE your point of view, don't just
{ucbvax, uunet, hoptoad}!     | dogmatize it!  Reflect on it and re-evaluate