[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Toshiba P321SL drivers

bwf@ihuxz.ATT.COM (Fecht) (01/19/88)

Dear Usenet,

I'm about to purchase a Toshiba P321SL printer for my
IBM compatible (XT) system.  The quality of print of
this unit most meets the needs of my application -- so
that's no problem.

I am worried, however, about the availability of drivers
for all my favorite pc-compat software packages.

Are my sleepless nights justified?  I think you are the
only one that can help me.

			Signed,
			Ready-to-Toshiba

creps@silver.bacs.indiana.edu (Steve Creps) (01/19/88)

In article <2549@ihuxz.ATT.COM> bwf@ihuxz.ATT.COM (Fecht) writes:
>I'm about to purchase a Toshiba P321SL printer for my
>IBM compatible (XT) system.

   What? Isn't that the company that sold all that equipment to the
Russians to let them build quieter submarines?

Steve Creps on the VAX 8650 running Ultrix 2.0-1 at Indiana University.
creps@silver.bacs.indiana.edu, ...iuvax!silver!creps, creps@iubacs.bitnet
"F-14 Tomcat! There IS no substitute."

bose@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (01/19/88)

The 321sl has an IBM emulation mode which will take care of any
programs that don't have drivres written for it.  Most programs do.
Gem does not. Unfortunatly my 321 (not 321sl) has IBM emulation on ROM
chips that must be plugged in instead of the Toshiba chips and switching between Toshiba mode and IBM is not practicle.  I think the new model has this
done in software.