[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Unlisted mail order software

psc@lznv.ATT.COM (Paul S. R. Chisholm) (01/21/88)

<In Syracuse, you dress in a tie; in Ephesus, you juggle . . . or die!>

In article <18.UUL1.2#238@kumu.UUCP>, todd@kumu.UUCP (Todd Ogasawara) writes:
> Has anyone tried XOR's Basketball Challenge on the IBM PC? . . .
> I'd also like a lead to a mail order house that sells it for a
> reasonable price.   I looked at ads from some of my favorite mail-order
> outfits (PC Connection, Logicsoft, etc.) and none of them had it
> listed amongst their items.
>
> Todd Ogasawara, {ihnp4,ucbvax,uunet}!sdcsvax!nosc!uhccux!kumu!todd
> {ihnp4,vortex}!islenet!kumu!todd, uhccux!kumu!todd@nosc.MIL

Mail order companies don't list all of their products in their ads,
only the ones they want to advertise.  For example, PC Connection had
Quick C 1.0 for a long time before they advertised it; the demand from
their customers (who didn't know PC Connection had QC until they
called) outstripped their supply for a few months.  And many mail order
houses will accept orders for products they don't have in yet.  (This
is a feature only with good mail order firms.)

I'd also like to (again!) state my personal satisfaction with PC
Connection.  I've always been astounded with their speed and knowledge.
Highly recommended.

-Paul S. R. Chisholm, {ihnp4,cbosgd,allegra,rutgers}!mtune!lznv!psc
AT&T Mail !psrchisholm, Internet psc@lznv.att.com
I'm not speaking for my employer, I'm just speaking my mind.