[comp.sys.ibm.pc] PC disk cataloging prog. info....

Usenet_area_"Cs.I.Pc"@watmath.waterloo.edu (01/09/88)

From Usenet: cbosgd!ucbvax!amdcad!indra
From: indra@amdcad.AMD.COM (Indra Singhal)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc
Subject: PC disk cataloging prog. info....
Date: 9 Jan 88 05:45:09 GMT

Several months ago there was a discussion about disk cataloging
software in the public domain. I had then mentioned a program
called CATDISK. I received several requests for the source of
this software. Well here it is:

	CATDISK Release 3.5 by Rick Hillier.
			compuserve: 73307,333
	NEPTUNE SOFTWARE, INC
	405, Barrington Lane,
	Waterloo, CANADA N2T 1H9
	Voice: (519) 888-6763
	Pearl BBS: (519) 576-6754

CATDISK catalogs PKARCd files too.
--
(-:-)                                                        (-:-)
-I said so... & said it for myself.             Indra K. Singhal

--- via UGate v1.6
 * Origin: watmath (221/163)

indra@amdcad.AMD.COM (Indra Singhal) (01/09/88)

johnm@mist.cs.orst.edu (John Matzka) (01/19/88)

In article <19896@amdcad.AMD.COM> indra@amdcad.AMD.COM (Indra Singhal) writes:

>Several months ago there was a discussion about disk cataloging
>software in the public domain. I had then mentioned a program
>called CATDISK...  Well here it is:
>	CATDISK Release 3.5 by Rick Hillier--compuserve: 73307,333
>	NEPTUNE SOFTWARE, INC
>	405, Barrington Lane,
>	Waterloo, CANADA N2T 1H9
>	Voice: (519) 888-6763
>	Pearl BBS: (519) 576-6754
>
>CATDISK catalogs PKARCd files too.

Another very  good program for catalogging disks (on a PC) is WSSI300.  I
don't have any information handy but I pulled it off of a BBS in the Portland
(Oregon) area and I suspect it is available elsewhere too.  The program is
a regular database for disks.  You can choose from numerous options such as
extract names from ARC files, sort on any field (name, ext, subdirectory, etc).
All in all a very good program.

John Matzka

Internet: johnm@mist.CS.ORST.EDU
UUCP:     {tektronix, hp-pcd}!orstcs!mist.CS.ORST.EDU!johnm
Everything that is not nailed down is mine.
  Anything I can pry loose is not nailed down.

kev@voder.UUCP (Kevin Hoskins) (01/21/88)

In article <1961@orstcs.CS.ORST.EDU>, johnm@mist.cs.orst.edu (John Matzka) writes:
> In article <19896@amdcad.AMD.COM> indra@amdcad.AMD.COM (Indra Singhal) writes:
> >
> >... disk cataloging
> >called CATDISK...  Well here it is:
> >	CATDISK Release 3.5 by Rick Hillier--compuserve: 73307,333
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

     Could you please post this program to the net, preferably
comp.ibm.binaries?

> >CATDISK catalogs PKARCd files too.
>
> Another very  good program for catalogging disks (on a PC) is WSSI300.  I
                                                                ^^^^^^^
     Post this one too. I would like to compare these two programs to a similiar
program called DBS-KAT. It is a disk catalog that uses a database to keep
information about the location of your programs with respect to what disk
each is on. And that is just the start of its capabilities.

 ** filler for postnews **
 ** filler for postnews **