[comp.sys.ibm.pc] HP LaserJet Font Formats?

rmr@sdcsvax.UCSD.EDU (Robert Rother) (01/14/88)

Does anybody know where I might find the definition of the format of
a font file for the HP laserjet?  I have some characters I have defined
that I need to print in a document and making a downloadable font out of
them seems like the easiest thing to do.  Any pointers to HP documents,
books or source code would be perfect.

Cheers,
Robert Rother
ARPA: rmr@sdcsvax.ucsd.edu
UUCP: {dcdwest,ucbvax}!sdcsvax!rmr

swh@hpsmtc1.HP.COM (Steve Harrold) (01/15/88)

Re: LJ font formats

Try the "HP LaserJet Printer Technical Reference Manual"
P/N 02686-90915

It should have been packaged with your LJ

---------------------
Steve Harrold			...hplabs!hpsmtc1!swh
				HPG200/13
				(408) 447-5580
---------------------

robert@pvab.UUCP (Robert Claeson) (01/17/88)

In article <11470020@hpsmtc1.HP.COM> swh@hpsmtc1.HP.COM (Steve Harrold) writes:

>Try the "HP LaserJet Printer Technical Reference Manual"
>P/N 02686-90915
>
>It should have been packaged with your LJ

No, HP does NOT pack the Technical Reference Manual with the Laserjet's
(at least not with the series 2 printers). It is available separately,
tough, and the manual for Laserjet and Laserjet+ should be used with
the Laserjet II's.

-- Robert
--
Robert Claeson, System Administrator, PVAB, Box 4040, S-171 04 Solna, Sweden
eunet: robert@pvab

psfales@ihlpe.ATT.COM (Pete Fales) (01/19/88)

In article <4487@sdcsvax.UCSD.EDU>, rmr@sdcsvax.UCSD.EDU (Robert Rother) writes:
> Does anybody know where I might find the definition of the format of
> a font file for the HP laserjet?  I have some characters I have defined
> that I need to print in a document and making a downloadable font out of
> them seems like the easiest thing to do.  Any pointers to HP documents,
> books or source code would be perfect.

I don't know if this is universal, but our Laserjet+ came with two
manuals: on operators manual and a technical reference manual that describes
the commands to set up downloadable fonts.

My accessories list shows it for $29.00, part no. 02686-90912.  HP has
sales offices all over.
--
Peter Fales		UUCP:	...ihnp4!ihlpe!psfales
			work:	(312) 979-7784

michael@orcisi.UUCP (Michael Herman) (01/22/88)

> tough, and the manual for Laserjet and Laserjet+ should be used with
> the Laserjet II's.

There is a new Tech Ref manual specifically for the Series II.  I
haven't checked to see if it differentiates between the LJ, LJ+ and the
Series II.  On the surface, it appears to be better written/laid out
than the previous manuals.