[comp.sys.ibm.pc] DOS 3.3 patches wanted

creps@silver.bacs.indiana.edu (Steve Creps) (01/21/88)

   Anybody know where I can find the set of patches for DOS 3.3? This should
include patches for making echo off default in batch files, etc.
Thanks in advance. (By the way, I didn't see it on the simtel20 archives.)

-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-
Steve Creps on the VAX 8650 running Ultrix 2.0-1 at Indiana University.
creps@silver.bacs.indiana.edu, ...iuvax!silver!creps, creps@iubacs.bitnet
"F-14 Tomcat! There IS no substitute."

karthur@codas.att.com (Kurt_R_Arthur) (01/22/88)

In article <637@silver.bacs.indiana.edu> creps@silver.bacs.indiana.edu (Steve Creps) writes:

>    Anybody know where I can find the set of patches for DOS 3.3? This should
> include patches for making echo off default in batch files, etc.
> Thanks in advance. (By the way, I didn't see it on the simtel20 archives.)

To stop the "ECHO OFF" from coming to the screen in DOS 3.3, just preface
the "ECHO" with a '@' like so:

@echo off
.
.
.
do whatever
exit

This only works in DOS 3.3, and it is not a patch.

Kurt Arthur
Software Services of Florida, Inc.

boneill@hawk.ulowell.edu (Debugger) (01/22/88)

In article <637@silver.bacs.indiana.edu> creps@silver.UUCP (Steve Creps) writes:

>   Anybody know where I can find the set of patches for DOS 3.3? This should
>include patches for making echo off default in batch files, etc.
>Thanks in advance. (By the way, I didn't see it on the simtel20 archives.)

I would also like to get a hold of these patches. I would also forward them
to anyone requesting them.

Brian O'Neill					University of Lowell
boneill@hawk.cs.ulowell.edu   -   boneill@hawk.UUCP