[comp.sys.ibm.pc] DRIVPARM and MS-DOS 3.30

schuster@dasys1.UUCP (Michael Schuster) (01/27/88)

If this subject has been covered recently, my apologies:

The MS-DOS 3.30 manual describes the use of the DRIVPARM specifier as with
DOS 3.2 (and as many know, this also worked - undocumented - with PC-DOS 3.2x).
I have been unable to get DOS to recignize a DRIVPARM entry in CONFIG.SYS
("Invalid Entry in CONFIG.SYS file"). Which is wrong in this regard - the
manual, or DOS? If the latter, is a patch coming?

--
l\  /l'   _  Mike Schuster          {sun!hoptoad,cmcl2!phri}!dasys1!schuster
l \/ lll/(_  Big Electric Cat       schuster@dasys1.UUCP

leefi@microsoft.UUCP (Lee Fisher) (01/28/88)

In article <2731@dasys1.UUCP>, schuster@dasys1.UUCP (Michael Schuster) writes:

> The MS-DOS 3.30 manual describes the use of the DRIVPARM specifier as
> with DOS 3.2. I have been unable to get DOS to recignize a DRIVPARM
> entry in CONFIG.SYS ("Invalid Entry in CONFIG.SYS file"). Which is wrong
> in this regard - the manual, or DOS? If the latter, is a patch coming?
>
> Mike Schuster, {sun!hoptoad,cmcl2!phri}!dasys1!schuster

It's a bug in DOS. A patch is coming for MS-DOS v3.30. Call us at 206-882-8089
and tell the person on the other end that you're having this problem. If you
are using an OEM version of DOS, you should contact them and find out about
the availability of it from them.

-Lee
________
01001100  Lee Fisher, Microsoft Corp., Redmond, WA.
01000101  {uw-beaver,decvax,decwrl,trsvax,sun,attunix,uunet}!microsof!leefi
01000101  leefi@microsof.uucp
01000110  leefi@microsof.beaver.washington.edu
01001001  disclaimer: My opinions are my own, not those of my employer.