[comp.sys.ibm.pc] ERSO BIOS

harris@ecsvax.UUCP (Mark Harris) (01/26/88)

Has anyone had experience with the ERSO BIOS?  It's used in the
Bentley PC clones and a friend is contemplating a purchase.
--
     Mark Harris                            mail:harris@ecsvax(UUCP/BITNET)
     Department of Mathematical Sciences

drick@hplvdo.HP.COM (David Rick) (01/27/88)

re: ERSO BIOS

I have used this BIOS, and recommend that you do NOT purchase a
machine incorporating it.  Perhaps it has improved, but a year
ago it was nothing but headaches.  If I were you, I would accept
only the Phoenix and Award BIOSs.

David L. Rick
hplabs!hplvdo!drick

These are STRICTLY my personal opinions.  My employer does not
endorse them.

hollen@corona.megatek.uucp (Dion Hollenbeck) (01/29/88)

In article <4420003@hplvdo.HP.COM> drick@hplvdo.HP.COM (David Rick) writes:
>re: ERSO BIOS
>
>I have used this BIOS, and recommend that you do NOT purchase a
>machine incorporating it.  Perhaps it has improved, but a year
>ago it was nothing but headaches.  If I were you, I would accept
>only the Phoenix and Award BIOSs.

Another BIOS which I have found to be VERY good is GTS BIOS.  Runs
everything I and my friend have tried. He is a PC consultant and tries
just about every combination of every program and uses tons of TSR's
and emulation stuff.

	Dion Hollenbeck             (619) 455-5590 x2814
	Megatek Corporation, 9645 Scranton Road, San Diego, CA  92121
			    ames!scubed!
		{sdcsvax,hplabs}!hp-sdd!megatek!hollen
			 sdcsvax!esosun!