[comp.sys.ibm.pc] OED on CD-ROM; Correction

ANDERSON@VMS3.MACC.WISC.EDU (Jess Anderson) (02/05/88)

Subject: OED on CD-ROM: Correction
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc

A couple days ago I posted some information about a circular
received from a friend who works at a company that's offering
the Oxford English Dictionary on two CD-ROMs.

First, I misspelled the company's name, even though I was looking
at the information.  I said Bouwker; it's Bowker (musta been
thinking in Dutch).

Someone writes me that they tried the 800 number without success.
Herewith is everything I have on this outfit:

   Bowker Electronic Publishing
   (div. of R. R. Bowker)
   245 West 17th Street
   New York, NY 10011
   Telex #12-7703
   Telefax 1-212-337-6970
   Toll-free voice 1-800-323-3288
   In NY, AK, HI, or Canada, call collect 1-212-337-6989
   Rest of world call UK 0732-884567 or 0732-8825666

I have no connection with the company at all, but my friend's name
is Noel McBean, and I know he'd appreciate hearing from anyone interested
in Bowker's products.  The OED lists for $1250 US.  The same company
publishes Books In Print, Books In Print With Reviews, Books Out-Of-Print,
and several other databases, including The Complete Home Video Directory,
all on CD-ROM.  The software described looks fascinating, but I have no
first-hand experience of any of this stuff.

==INTERNET: anderson@vms.macc.wisc.edu====Jess Anderson======(home:)========
| UUCP: {harvard,rutgers,allegra,ucbvax}  1210 W. Dayton     2838 Stevens  |
|  !uwvax!vms3.macc.wisc.edu!anderson     Madison, WI 53706  Madison 53705 |
==BITNET: anderson@wiscmacc===============608/263-6988=======608/238-4833===