[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Requesting binaries

wnp@dcs.UUCP (Wolf N. Paul) (02/08/88)

In article <21336@clyde.ATT.COM> danny@clyde.ATT.COM (Danny Cohen) writes:
>I'm sorry if I was out of line requesting binaries in this group.
>Unfortunately the only other newsgroups I've seen that come close
>to what I want are comp.sources.wanted and misc.wanted. There is no
>newsgroup called comp.binaries.wanted. Is there a definitive answer
>as to where requests for binaries are to take place ? Otherwise, how
>can you flame people for people for posting to the wrong newsgroup
>when there is no right newsgroup ?

As I remember, you cross-posted your request to comp.sys.ibm.pc and to
comp.binaries.ibm.pc.

The flamer apparently did not remove comp.sys.ibm.pc from the newsgroups
line of his flaming reply.

The right place to ask for MS-DOS/PC-DOS binaries is comp.sys.ibm.pc.

The right place to post MS-DOS/PC-DOS binaries is comp.binaries.ibm.pc.

Hope this helps.

Wolf Paul
wnp@dcs.UUCP