[comp.sys.ibm.pc] PC/MOS and CMS hard card

tpf@pyr.gatech.EDU (Tom Friedel) (02/15/88)

I recently purchased PC/MOS386 from a computer shop and a 20meg CMS hard-card
from another shop.  The PC/MOS operating system, which I'm trying to run on an
8086, does not recognize the hard-card.  I called PC/MOS who told me to call
CMS and tell CMS to call them and give them infomation about their hard-card.
I called CMS and they said they don't deal with individuals, only with dealers.
I called the shop where I purchased the hard-card, and since they don't carry
PC-MOS, they wouldn't help me.

Any thoughts?

Tom Friedel

tankus@hsi.UUCP (Ed Tankus) (02/15/88)

In article <5001@pyr.gatech.EDU>, tpf@pyr.gatech.EDU (Tom Friedel) writes:

> I recently purchased PC/MOS386 from a computer shop and a 20meg CMS hard-card
> from another shop.  The PC/MOS operating system, which I'm trying to run on an
> 8086, does not recognize the hard-card.  I called PC/MOS who told me to call
> CMS and tell CMS to call them and give them infomation about their hard-card.
> I called CMS and they said they don't deal with individuals, only with dealers.
> I called the shop where I purchased the hard-card, and since they don't carry
> PC-MOS, they wouldn't help me.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Tom Friedel

Sounds just like Software Link to me.

I have a friend with MOS installed on a Compaq 386 (16Mhz).  He's been getting
nothing but a runaround between TSL, the dealer from which he purchased the OS,
the multi-port card, maker, etc.

All fingers seem to point back to TSL.  They have a buggy product and stiff you
for support (first 20 mins free, $40 per 1/2 hour thereafter).  Everyone BUT
TSL has been helpful. Unfortunately, my friend has been caught in the middle.
TSL does have a BBS system. I don't recall the phone number but you could
probably call and ask them ... if you can get through.

Cheers!

-- Ed.

Net  :  {uunet,ihnp4,noao,yale}!hsi!tankus
Snail:  Health Systems Int'l, 100 Broadway, New Haven, CT 06511
Bell :  (203) 562-2101