[comp.sys.ibm.pc] NEC P2200 Printer

mrs@munsell.UUCP (Morris Sazer) (02/17/88)

I am considering buying an NEC P2200 printer.  Does anyone out there
know anything about its compatibility with existing software,
especially for graphics ?  Also,
has it been reviewed by any of the trade mags.

--
           Morris Sazer --
        {{harvard,ll-xn}!adelie,{decvax,allegra,talcott}!encore}!munsell!mrs

donovan@cg-atla.UUCP (Dennis Donovan X5176) (02/17/88)

In article <1585@farnsworth.munsell.UUCP> mrs@munsell.UUCP (Morris Sazer) writes:
>I am considering buying an NEC P2200 printer.  Does anyone out there
>know anything about its compatibility with existing software,
>especially for graphics ?  Also,
>has it been reviewed by any of the trade mags.
>
>--
>           Morris Sazer --
>        {{harvard,ll-xn}!adelie,{decvax,allegra,talcott}!encore}!munsell!mrs

I recently got a demo of the NEC P2200 and wasn't impressed at all.
The paper was squirming all over the place so the copy looked terrible.
I finally decided to spend around a hundred more and got the Epson LQ-850.
The prices I say were ~$425 for the P2200 and ~$489-$510 for the LQ-850.

The NEC P2200 pales in comparison to the NEC P6 and the Epson LQ-850.

Usual Disclaimer: I don't know nothin' 'bout nothin'.

P.S. The NEC P2200 has been reviewed in a few mags as well as PC Week, if
you look for the Jan. or Feb. copies of Byte or PC World, I think you'll
find it, but I'm not sure. Caution: I think they said it was OK.

|                    Dennis L. Donovan                     |
| UUCP   : decvax!cg-atla!donovan                          |
| AT&T   : (617) 658-5600 x5716                            |
| USMAIL : Compugraphic Corporation                        |
|          200 Ballardvale St., M.S. 200-2-2F              |
|          Wilmington, MA 01887                            |
"Nobody asked, just my opinion"
Disclaimer: The views expressed are my own, I doubt if CG really cares anyway.