[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Kermit 2.30

sdy@ssc-vax.UUCP (Sea Lance) (02/03/88)

Well thanks for posting kermit 2.30 -- only one slight problem here -- my
arc (v5.12 -- probably pretty old) doesn't work on the docs or the executable
-- the plain uuencoded executable worked just fine. Could someone please email
me either: 1. uuencoded or ascii kermit 2.30 doc or 2. a newer version of arc
(un-arced of course) that will work??

Please email offers first -- and I'll find the closest site -- and I hope the
docs I have are really for 2.3 and not for 2.29.

steve.
--
Steven D. Yee                 >>> my employer does not share my opinions  <<<
uw-beaver!ssc-vax!sdy         >>> (that's because I'm always right! ;-)   <<<

(chant) We want more!  We want more!  We want more lines than four!!!!!!!

steve@slovax.UUCP (Steve Cook) (02/04/88)

  Help.....  I downloaded the kermit files, uudecoded them and then
  tried to arc them.  Several of the files won't extract because they
  are  'scrunched' or  'squeezed' or something.  Is arc the program you
  use to extract them or something else??  Any one out there have pkarc??

dcw@doc.ic.ac.uk (Duncan C White) (02/11/88)

I have been asked to forward this message from a friend of mine:
Please send any replies to him [I have edited the reply-to line.]

From: ronald@cc.ic.ac.uk (Ronald Soo Han Khoo)
Subject: Kermit 2.30: question & bug ?
Date: Tue, 2-Feb-88 19:41:52 WET

In comp.binaries.ibm.pc recently:

>From: fulton@navion.dec.com (27-Jan-1988 1454)

posted a distribution version 2.30 of kermit.

1) QUESTION:
-----------
	Does anyone know if its possible to defeat the auto-detect of
graphics adapter type? (we run a service here with lots of m/cs with
ega-type cards emulating hercules, so its kinda inconvenient for
the inexperienced users to keep switching the emulation software around)

2) BUG ???
---------
The documentation posted with it mentions that ctrl-]<space> returns the
terminal emulator to text mode from tektronix emulation mode.  This doesn't
seem to work in the version posted, but oddly, DOES on an older development
version (2.29C@cambridge).  Does anyone know anything about this ?

Sorry to post, but for various reasons, I'm unable to e-mail the chap
who posted the binary.

Thanks.

------------> (see! followups DO sometimes go to comp.sys. & not comp.binaries!

#exclude <standard/disclaimer.h>	/* I AM posting on behalf of my */
ronald@cc.ic.ac.uk			/* organisation - strange, eh?  */

Thanks,
	Duncan.

Duncan White,		|
Dept. Of Computing,	|	Flying is the art of aiming oneself
Imperial College,	|	at the ground and missing.
London, SW7.		|		-- Douglas Adams, So Long and Thanks
England.		|		   for all the fish.

sullivan@marge.math.binghamton.edu (fred sullivan) (02/17/88)

>From: ronald@cc.ic.ac.uk (Ronald Soo Han Khoo)
>Subject: Kermit 2.30: question & bug ?
>Date: Tue, 2-Feb-88 19:41:52 WET
>
>2) BUG ???
>---------
>The documentation posted with it mentions that ctrl-]<space> returns the
>terminal emulator to text mode from tektronix emulation mode.  This doesn't
>seem to work in the version posted, but oddly, DOES on an older development
>version (2.29C@cambridge).  Does anyone know anything about this ?

My copy of mskermit.doc says that to go from tek mode to text mode you
should hit alt-hyphen.  This does indeed work on my copy.

Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc
Subject: Re: Kermit 2.30
>From: ronald@cc.ic.ac.uk (Ronald Soo Han Khoo)
>Subject: Kermit 2.30: question & bug ?
>Date: Tue, 2-Feb-88 19:41:52 WET
>
>2) BUG ???
>---------
>The documentation posted with it mentions that ctrl-]<space> returns the
>terminal emulator to text mode from tektronix emulation mode.  This doesn't
>seem to work in the version posted, but oddly, DOES on an older development
>version (2.29C@cambridge).  Does anyone know anything about this ?

My copy of mskermit.doc says that to go from tek mode to text mode you
should hit alt-hyphen.  This does indeed work on my copy.

Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc
Fred Sullivan
Department of Mathematical Sciences
State University of New York at Binghamton
Binghamton, New York  13903
Email: sullivan@marge.math.binghamton.edu