[comp.sys.ibm.pc] editor for PC

mohan@suvax1.UUCP (Mohan K. Vanmane) (02/06/88)

I am looking for an editor(for IBM PC), something better than edlin.
Do we have any public domain software?

Thank you
--
Mohan Vanmane (Seattle University)
... uw-beaver!uw-entropy!dataio!suvax1!mohan

Robert_F_Breedlove@cup.portal.com (02/10/88)

One of the very best for my money is QEDIT. It's available on most
bulletin boards. At this typing (printing, whatever), the latest
version is 1.39. It's available on my board: BOBsBBS 916-929-7511.

stevenj@umbc3.UMD.EDU (Steven Vore ) (02/19/88)

In article <3076@cup.portal.com> Robert_F_Breedlove@cup.portal.com writes:
>One of the very best for my money is QEDIT. It's available on most
>bulletin boards. At this typing (printing, whatever), the latest
>version is 1.39. It's available on my board: BOBsBBS 916-929-7511.

I am a beta tester for the newest version of QEdit and just read
that version 2 is probably going to be put out Today (2/18/88).
It (and the most up-to-date version) is always available from
404-296-9681, in Georgia, USA.  I also highly recommend this SHAREWARE
editor and the registration thereof.

-Steven J. Vore