[comp.sys.ibm.pc] PC/VI

grandi@noao.arizona.edu (Steve Grandi) (02/09/88)

Has anyone heard from Custom Software Services, the folks who sell PC/VI?
Reports from a friend's procurement office report a busy phone for 2 weeks
(I've only tried one day), recent computer magazines show no ads and a note
in another newsgroup says that their UUCP node is dead.  Sounds bad for the
company!  I guess I will have to steer people to MKS instead.

Oh well, PC/VI is a fine product (I have S/N 27) and probably didn't need
any more enhancments.
--
Steve Grandi, National Optical Astronomy Observatories, Tucson AZ, 602-325-9228
UUCP: {arizona,decvax,hao,ihnp4}!noao!grandi  or  uunet!noao.arizona.edu!grandi

jim@ccd700.UUCP (J. Sitek) (02/17/88)

In article <665@noao.UUCP>, grandi@noao.arizona.edu (Steve Grandi) writes:
> Has anyone heard from Custom Software Services, the folks who sell PC/VI?
> Reports from a friend's procurement office report a busy phone for 2 weeks
> (I've only tried one day), recent computer magazines show no ads and a note
> in another newsgroup says that their UUCP node is dead.  Sounds bad for the
> company!  I guess I will have to steer people to MKS instead.
>
> Oh well, PC/VI is a fine product (I have S/N 27) and probably didn't need
> any more enhancments.

If you are talking about Custom Software Systems, I too have been trying to
reach them w/o success.  The phone is always busy.  If the company is
defunct, what happens to their copyright on PC/VI?

Jim Sitek

steve@acich.UUCP (Steve Westfall) (02/19/88)

In article <112@ccd700.UUCP>, jim@ccd700.UUCP (J. Sitek) writes:
[Custom Software Systems]
> The phone is always busy.  If the company [Custom Software Systems] is
> defunct, what happens to their copyright on PC/VI?
>
> Jim Sitek

Don't get your hopes up.  If they go defunct, it does NOT go into
the public domain unless they or their creditors decide to put it
there.

--
Steve Westfall       Automated Concepts, Inc. - Chicago
Phone:      (312) 346-8640