[comp.sys.ibm.pc] DTK AT Bios

wnp@dcs.UUCP (Wolf N. Paul) (02/24/88)

In article <767@ddsw1.UUCP> karl@ddsw1.UUCP (Karl Denninger) writes:

>DTK's BIOS chip has a setup program and a low-level formatter built-in,
>accessible with a hot-key... Really nice, with windows and the whole garb.
>
>This is what is in our 'cheap' AT clone line; it seems to work ok with
>the software I've tried (it appears compatible)

While I don't get high on setup programs [ :-) ] the thing I like about the
DTK bios is that it is apparently fully compatible with Microport UNIX, and
my DTK motherboard/Bios combination runs System V/AT faster than a same-speed
Bell Technologies/Tatung AT clone which is advertised as bein especially
configured for UNIX!

I definitely recommend this hardware/ROM combination.
--
Wolf N. Paul                  Phone: (214) 306-9101 (h)   (214) 404-8077 (w)
3387 Sam Rayburn Run          UUCP: ihnp4!killer!{dcs, doulos}!wnp