[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Opus comments

Geoffrey_Welsh@watmath.waterloo.edu (02/27/88)

 > From: Isaac_K_Rabinovitch@cup.portal.com
 > Date: 25 Feb 88 04:45:05 GMT

Isaac:

   Opus v1.00 was really full of bugs. Opus v1.02 had only a few, but
they were critical. I'm running Opus 1.03a now (I'm entering this message
via Opus!).

 > full-screen editor, where *any* keystroke causes about 50 bytes worth of
 > unnecessary cursor motion, and it's very easy to destroy your message

   I've never destroyed a message with OpEd. The problem of superfluous
cursor movement is reduced in significance by using 2400+ baud connections.

   Quite frankly, Opus is a masterpiece of software enginerring. It
is a BBS plus a FidoNet mailer with scheduler, etc, and it is a mere 170K
long... OpEd itself is a mere 1000 bytes (not bad for a full-screen editor,
woudn't you say?)

   Geoff ( watmath!fido!221.171!izot )

--- ConfMail V3.31
 * Origin: The Waterloo Window: WOC's out there? (1:221/171)