[comp.sys.ibm.pc] MS-DOS file archive sources

boneill@hawk.ulowell.edu (Bug-Hunter) (02/18/88)

After seeing many postings from people as to how to get archives for
several programs, I decided to try this. I am willing to set up a mailing
list in which people can request programs from me and I will e-mail
uuencoded files directly to them, or post them to comp.binaries.ibm.pc. I
can access the file archives from simtel20 for those who do not have
anonymous ftp capabilities, and can retrieve and files people want from
there. I also keep many archives ready for mailing on another system here. I
plan to send out a regular listing of programs available here, and
newsletters as to new programs and releases available.

If interested or would like to be placed on this mailing list, or have a
request for a program, e-mail me.

The addresses are:

		Internet: boneill@hawk.cs.ulowell.edu
		UUCP:	  boneill@hawk.UUCP, ...!ulowell!hawk!boneill

I would like to see something work out, as we await a moderator for
comp.binaries.ibm.pc.

Brian O'Neill					University of Lowell
boneill@hawk.cs.ulowell.edu   -   boneill@hawk.UUCP
..!ulowell!hawk!boneill

kevinc@auvax.UUCP (Kevin Barry Crocker) (02/29/88)

In article <2946@swan.ulowell.edu>, boneill@hawk.ulowell.edu (Bug-Hunter) writes:
>                                       I am willing to set up a mailing
> list in which people can request programs from me and I will e-mail
> uuencoded files directly to them, or post them to comp.binaries.ibm.pc
> If interested or would like to be placed on this mailing list, or have a
> request for a program, e-mail me.

Brian

Please do set this up.  There are a lot of programs on SIMTEL that many
of us just have not been able to access.  Until we move into more of
the 20th century it will be quite a while before our site will allow
access to many things - especially collegues and software - both of
which are at a premium here.

ihnp4!alberta!auvax!kevinc
(Kevin Crocker Athabasca University, Canada's Distance-Based University)
Do our employers have opinions or is that what we get paid for!