[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Fast hardware sort

msprick@amdcad.AMD.COM (Rick Dorris) (02/16/88)

I'm just looking to see if there is any interest--
if so, please e-mail me a note.

Product:  A hardware board that would go inside
a xt or at that would allow sorts to be between
200 to 500 times faster. These sorts would have to
be done by making calls from either pascal, c or
assembly-- ie. programs would have to be specifically
written to take advantage of the hardware.

Cost: hopefully around $300.

Wanted: Someone who knows enough about RBase,
d-base, clipper, fox-base, etc.. to make changes
to these programs to allow the hardware to take
over any sorting that needs to be done.

If you are interested in this project or have a lot
of useful software expertise, please send me some mail.

Oh, maybe I should ask: Is there currently a board that
does the same thing?  I'm not talking about just an
excelerator-- I'm looking at HUGE decreases in sort times.

Thanks,
rick

--no opinions expressed.

bill@wsccs.UUCP (Bill Housley) (03/02/88)

In article <20396@amdcad.AMD.COM>, msprick@amdcad.AMD.COM (Rick Dorris) writes:

> Wanted: Someone who knows enough about RBase,
> d-base, clipper, fox-base, etc.. to make changes
> to these programs to allow the hardware to take
> over any sorting that needs to be done.
>
> If you are interested in this project or have a lot
> of useful software expertise, please send me some mail.

Interested, but where do I send the mail?  There was no path name in
your signature.

Kirk: But this planet is destroying it's self around us!!!
Kruge: Invigerating, isn't it!!

UUCP !ihup!utah-cs!utah-gr!uplherc!sp7040!obie!wsccs!bill  {WSC Utah}